Inside: Funny teenage quotes that will make you giggle.

Having a teenager can be quite a funny experience. Beinga teenager can also be quite a funny experience.

This is a portion of time that is filled with many ups and downs, and LOTS of confusing new feelings. With so many hormones, I'm surprised teenagers can function in society at all.

Funny quotes about being a teen

I do not miss being a teen. There were so many great parts of my teen hood of course, but also so many hard parts. So many lessons and big feelings. Oh, and let's not forget acne. I'm over that. But it's still fun to look back on nowadays, especially since I have my own teens. It's a good reminder of what it was like.

But teens these days come with their own slurry of emotions and quirks that are quite different than the ones I had growing up, but there are also many that are the same. We are more alike than we are different, and I find that comforting!

One of the funniest ways to connect with people about their experiences with teenagers(and their experience as a teenager) is with writing! Quotes to be more specific. So I made a list of 63 of the funniest teenage quotes for you to take a look through.

I guarantee that these will leave you laughing until your sides hurt.

Raising a Teenager Quotes

Raising a teenager comes with its own set of hilarious experiences that deserve to be acknowledged. There are lots of emotions that come along with this territory, some good, some bad, some so deeply annoying that all you can possibly do is laugh about it. So many parents have expressed these emotions by writing about it or sharing a quote.

So this first list is full of what it's like to raise a teenager. After reading these, you will definitely feel less alone in your experiences as a parent!

1. "Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree." – Unknown

2. "You try your hardest to raise your teenagers with patience, honesty and good manners, but they still end up being like you."-Unknown

3. "According to my teenage sons, the appropriate number of squirts of Axe Body Spray is somewhere between 38 and 579." – Lady Lawya

4."When your children are teenagers, it's important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you." – Nora Ephron

5. "I shut my teen's bedroom door to make my house feel cleaner." – Unknown

6. "I know I'm supposed to be preparing my teenager for life and all, but it's hard when they already know everything…" –Unkown

7. "I thought I used to "worry" a lot when my kids were little. Then I had teenagers. You know what I would give right now to worry about sippy cups and naptime? EVERYTHING." –Unknown

8. "Nobody ever feels they're doing well with teenagers, he said. I think that's kind of the point of them." – Jojo Moyes

9. "I believe that we parents must encourage our children to become educated, so they can get into a good college that we cannot afford." – Dave Barry

10. "The scariest part of raising teenagers is remembering the stupid things you did as a teenager." – Whitney Fleming

11. "When your children are teenagers, it's important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you." – Nora Ephron

12. "I'd love to be a Pinterest mom. But it turns out I'm more of an Amazon Prime mom" – Unknown

13. "Excuse me, Doctor? Is there anything you can give me for a condition called parenting teenagers?"

14. "They say Children are a gift, but once they get to be teenagers you're gonna wish you had kept the receipt" – Natalie Smith

15. "You know you're the parent of a teenager if they won't answer any of your calls, but they will call you 27 times in a row until you answer." – Unknown

16. "Teens may think their lives are hard…but just wait until they have to buy their own toilet paper" – Unknown

17. "Being a mom of a teenager means a lot of forgiveness, a lot of grace, a lot of grit, and love that is both powerful and unconditional. But what a blessing it is to raise these teenagers and have a front-row seat on this wild ride." – Unknown

Funny raising teenager quotes

Funny Teenage Quotes

Teenagers are a special bunch. They are full of opinions, sassiness, and let's face it, bluntness. You never think that someone younger than you can intimidate you but they absolutely can.

These little balls of furry can make your life either very easy, or very hard, and often times this will happen simultaneously. Yep, they are talented.

You just have to love them though, at the end of the day they are your children. In order to decompress, here are some more hilariously funny teenage quotes that will help you laugh off the pain.

18. "Sometimes I'm left with the distinct feeling that I am outnumbered by my only child." – Colleen Ferrary Bader

19. "I didn't bring you up to speak as if your mouth were filled with sewage." – Diane Samuels

20. "The young always have the same problem – how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another." – Quentin Crisp

21. "The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires." – Dorothy Parker

22. "The hardest part of parenting is realizing that it is your circus, and those definitely are your monkeys" Sarcastic Mommy

23."No one told us that 98 percent of raising teens is driving them somewhere, waiting for them somewhere, or planning to go somewhere." -Unknown

24. "A teenager is always too tired to hold a dishcloth, but never too tired to hold a phone" -Unknown

25. "If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent." – Bette Davis

26. "Hire a teenager while they still know it all."

27. "Parenting a teenage daughter is like having a cat. They only come out to eat and hisses at you if you try to pet it."

28. "Adolescence is just one big walking pimple."

29. "Why do they rate a movie R for adult language? The only people I hear using that language are teenagers."

30."Mothers of Teenagers Know Why Animals Eat Their Young."

31."I just spotted some ducks practicing their teenage girl faces."

32."My neighbors loved the music so much when I turned it up, that they invited the police to listen."

33. "For someone who knows everything, how come you still need me to come and pick you up?" – Unknown

Funny sayings about being a teen

Funny Sayings for Teens

If you are a teen reading this article, then I hope that you have a wonderful sense of humor…and are able to laugh at yourself. It can definitely feel like an attack on you when you read the quotes above, but you just have to laugh it off. You are in a crazy period of your life, and one day you will look back and cringe at the thought of your actions.

But for now, I only wish that you enjoy this turbulent time to the best of your ability. There are many great things about being a teen too, like your ability to eat whatever food you want. I miss that.

So if you are looking for some funny sayings to add to your vocabulary, then take a look at this next list!

34. "Pretty Rude That It's Not Friday But Okay." -Unknown

35. "Not to brag, but I don't even need Alcohol to make really bad decisions" – Unknown

36. "I wouldn't call myself a lazy person, I just choose to run on battery saver mode." -Unknown

37. "No is a complete sentence" – Unknown

38. "Dear pimples, if you are going to live on my face, I am going to need to see some rent…"

39. "I DID A PUSH-UP TODAY.WELL, ACTUALLY I FELL DOWN, BUT I HAD TO USE MY ARMS TO GET BACK UP, SO… CLOSE ENOUGH NOW I NEED CHOCOLATE" –

40. "I say that I stay hydrated…what I mean is I drink one cup of water and 6 gallons of iced coffee."

41. "I'm exhausted from carrying the weight of being the cool one in this family"

42. "It's not a phase mom"

43. "I always feel like I'm an adult until it's time to go to the doctors and they ask me what's wrong…and I always turn to look at my mom to answer for me."

44. "I can't clean my room but I CAN spend an hour trying to get the perfect profile photo."

45. "I'm bad a texting back, unless you are cute"

46.  "These days you just text someone that you're outside their house instead of going up to knock"

47. "Of course the teacher thinks this test is easy, she already knows all the answers!"

48. "People who call without texting to warn me first are psychos"

49. "That Awkward moment when you have to get over someone you were never even dating."

50. ""Real teenage boys aren't like characters in the books you read. They smell funny and are obsessed with video games and say dumb things. They're still learning, just like you. " – Stacey Jay

51."Teenagers complain there's nothing to do, then stay out all night doing it." – Bob Philips.

Funny Teenage Quotes

Crazy Teen Quotes

Teens are crazy. This is a fact as widely acknowledged as our need for water to live, or that Disneyland is the happiest place on earth.

The teenage experience varies from person to person, but the overall feeling of it is pretty much universal. So to finish us off I wanted to include some funny teenage quotes that are a little crazy to help us get into the mindset of our favorite sarcastic mini grown ups.

52. "I wonder how many miles I've Scrolled with my Thumb"

53. "H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K = Half Of My Energy Wasted On Random Knowledge"

54. "Wifi went down today so I had to talk to my family. They seem like nice people."

55. "I never think of good comebacks during the argument, I come up with them hours later…when I'm in the shower"

56. "Why can I remember hundreds of lyrics to music but can't remember a math equation?"

57. "This paper will need to be 3-6 pages….Yeah I'm only doing 3."

58. "If you insult me, I will probably agree."

59. "Chocolate comes from cocoa, which comes from a tree, which makes it a plant….my point is chocolate is a salad"

60. "I hate how Friday is so far away from Monday but Monday is so close to Friday."

61. You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.

62. "I hate sending long texts just for the person the respond, 'Okay'"

63. "Facebook is my friend. YouTube is my voice. Google is my brain. Twitter is my heart."

More Ideas You'll Love

    27 BEST TEENAGE DAUGHTER QUOTES – If you loved these quotes then you have to check out this article about 27 of the best teenage daughter quotes. These are for those of you who are mommas or parents to teen girls, seeing as they are their own breed of unique experiences. Check them out!
  • HOW TO WRITE YOUR SENIOR QUOTE + IDEAS – Sticking on the theme with quotes, I thought I'd include this article on how to write your senior quote. A senior quote is a quote you have underneath your last photo in the yearbook, it's like your last message to the students who will come after you. It can be hard to decide on what to say, it's just so permanent. So I thought I'd make it a little easier by giving you some ideas as well as a how-to on writing your own quote. Check it out!
  • 50+ POSITIVE SELF CARE IDEAS FOR TEENS – Self-care isn't just putting on a face mask or taking a bath, it's a bunch of little things you can do to make your life better. Things like keeping your room clean and taking care of your body are also forms of self-care. If you want to learn about more ways to do some self care then check out this article!